Laser Gum Surgery in Norwalk, CA
Over 50% of American adults experience gum disease at some point in their lives, according to the American Academy of Periodontology. Gum disease is an infection that affects the bone and tissues that support your teeth. Poor dental health, chronic illnesses like diabetes, genetic susceptibility, and certain medications can all contribute to gum disease. If left untreated, gum disease can cause tooth loss. The good news is, gum disease is easy to prevent with proper dental hygiene and regular dental appointments.
Lasers are used regularly in dental care for many reasons, including laser gum surgery. In recent years, laser gum surgery has become more widespread for treating moderate to severe gum disease. Whether you want to prevent gum disease or improve your smile, a laser is the best alternative to traditional, invasive surgeries. Laser Gum Surgery is a non-surgical gum disease treatment where the dentist uses a laser to access an infected area to destroy infected bacteria and tissue.
Advantages of Laser Gum Surgery
- Laser surgery is far less invasive than older methods of gum surgery.
- No healthy gum tissue is damaged during laser gum surgery.
- Patients with advanced gum disease can save their natural teeth with this laser treatment.
- Because there’s no cutting or stitching involved, the laser process offers quick recovery with minimal downtime.
- Negligible post-operative discomfort.
Laser Gum Surgery is one of our specialties, and we are more than happy to discuss the procedure with you.
If you have any questions about Laser Gum Surgery or our dentistry services, please call our office at 562-451-8568 or Book your appointment online!